Saturday, September 06, 2008

Saturday


I know that school has only started for a week, but saturday was so wonderful today. We sort of slept in (i mean, it was 7h15 when Miriam got up, and she did not get up during the night...) and then we were just able to lounge at home, without worrying about having to get ready for school/work/daycare. It was 10am and everyone was still in pj's. It's just nice. We watched Federer beat Djokovic and then went to get a pair of black soccer shorts for Gabe (who, as you can see, had his official picture taken today with his team). Had lunch in a nice bakery in Federal Way (great bread and great cookies...). Brent took Gabriel to the soccer picture thing and i stayed home so that Miriam could nap. Later in the afternoon, our neighborhood had their annual BBQ thing... so we all went (Brent only stayed for about an hour, because he had to go write his sermon...). It was nice and fun for the kids to play with the other kids in the neighborhood. I also met a ton of people. But i always have sort of weird feeling about these things... I just feel like i don't quite fit in. I'm not sure if it's because we're new, or if it's because i'm from Switzerland, but i feel like i don't get most of the people there. Althought that's not quite true. I guess I focus a little too much on the "soccer-moms" who scare the hell out of me and i don't pay enough attention to the people that seem more "normal" at least in my perspective. Anyhow, it was fun. And it's fine to be different, at least a little bit. Some of the things that one is supposed to do to be the perfect mom i actually just do not want to do. Anyhow, it was just nice to have an un-rushed day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wouah!
On est super fiers de ce nouveau footballer!!! Et comme dit son zio, l'important c'est qu'il ait du plaisir en jouant et bien sûr que l'Italie gagne!!! Baci Vivi