Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sweet little boy

I often complain about my dear Gabriel on this blog, or rather I complain about how difficult it is to raise a little boy when one has as little patience as I do. And it's bizarre to see him become his own little person who is not so connected to his mom anymore... I mean he lost a tooth yesterday. Soon he's going to be driving his own car. He's definitely growing. But today he just melted my heart... Miriam received that princess coloring book from her dad and I was coloring Snow White (yeah, i know. And the kids weren't even around. I was doing it during Miriam's nap time. It was the only way i would be able to do it so it looked the way i wanted... : ) Once i was finished, i just left the coloring book laying around and when Gabe saw it he asked me if I had done it and when i said yes, he asked me if he could have it so he could put it in his room because he liked the colors I picked...
My sweet little boy. It just made me feel so good it was ridiculous. But i guess i needed a moment like that!

By the way, we had a wonderful time up in Anacortes, at our friends Dan and Nancy. They have a great farm up there and it was great to go to the pumpkin patch and then carve at their house. Even the weather was nice! Hopefully we'll have pictures soon!

No comments: